We accept donations of materials (see lists below) in new or gently-used condition. We also accept seeds for the Seed Exchange. Please review our Seed Protocol before you bring your seeds.
Small donations are accepted at all Library locations during open hours. Due to space limitations, please notify the library in advance to arrange a large donation (more than one box).
Library staff screen all donated materials for potential addition to the library's collections. Materials not suitable for inclusion in our collection may be used to help us hold successful book sales. Funds raised at these sales support Summer Challenge and other valuable library programs.
We are unable to assess the value of donated materials for tax purposes. We will give you a receipt which serves as the acknowledgement of your gift. If you would like a receipt, please provide the number of items donated.
- Materials in good condition (no torn, yellowed, water-damaged, or marked‐on pages; no broken bindings or stained covers.)
- Blu-ray discs
- Seeds for the Seed Exchange (Please review the Seed Protocol for information on seed donations)
We Cannot Accept
- Material in poor condition (has stains, water damage, odor, damaged bindings, writing, etc.)
- Audiobooks on CD
- VHS cassette tapes
- Self-published material (except for archival purposes)
- Book Club Editions Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Vinyl records
- Music CDs
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Magazine Gift Subscriptions